Monday 13 January 2014

A Closer Look - Elle's Studio January Kit

happy monday! hope everyone had a good weekend! mine wasn't too productive as both me and ethan were down with a cold. i'm thankful that both of us are feeling much better today! i would like to share details on the project life folder i did using elle's studio january kit...


this folder is inspired by stephanie dagan's work that i found on pinterest. you can take a look at it here.  
i started the base with piece of white cardstock. i trimmed to the size 11.5 inch X 8.5 inch and folded it into half at 5 inch from the left side. to decorate the cover,  i used a page from an old book and layered it with pieces from the kit and a rose brunch die cut and enamel dots from my stash. this page came together rather quickly as the pieces from the kit are all so pretty!



page 2 is simple, i layered a glassine bag with a page from the old book and a doily. to hold the pieces together, i clipped them with the 'love' tab from the kit. this glassine bag will allow me to keep some photos and notes that i will be using for my project life. 

to create the pocket in the middle, i trimmed the 'too cute' patterned paper from penelope collection to the size 11.5 inch X 8.5 inch and folded it at 5.5 inch from the left. i placed it on the white cardstock from earlier and bind them together by hand stitching. next i used washi tape to seal the sides of the patterned paper to create a pocket.


for 2014, i would like to use post-it notes to jot down notes and i can stick them to my photos or memorabilia and hopefully make it easier for me to completed my spreads. hence, i created a matching post-it card for my folder. i simply used the lil' snippets tags sheet from the penelope collection as a backing and stick my post-it pad on it. 



on the last page, i used 2 of my favourite 4 X 6 cards from the kit to create more pockets. i love that there are some new year resolution cards that i can jot down my goals for the year and slot them into the pockets to remind myself of what i set out to achieve in 2014.  

i hope you enjoyed what i shared today. the kits are still available in the elle's studio shop at this point in time! do grab them before they run out! also remember to check out the coordinating stamp and digital die cut files!

thanks so much for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment